Monday – Swim 2700 yards and Heather’s Kona Core Workout
- Actual – I did the core workout that morning. I was able to do half the “dead bug” exercises with my legs fully extended. I’m making progress. I swam 2700 yards after work. It felt good and went by pretty fast. Swam at the Hixson YMCA, not too crowded – but there was a high school couple that was making out in the lap pool. Seriously…..disgusting!!!
Tuesday – Run and Leg weight workout
- Run Workout: After the warmup the main set: 3×5 min low zone 3 w/ 2 min walk/jog between sets. Then 8×30 sec sprints uphill w/ 4 min recovery between. Cool down
- Actual – My first thought on this workout was 8 HILL SPRINT REPEATS!!!!! I felt really good on this run, but hill repeats 4-5 I struggled a little. However I finally recovered and did well on the rest of the hill repeats.
Wednesday – Bike on Trainer w/ single leg drills
- Actual – This was supposed to be an easy trainer right with single leg drills. What I found out later keeping 80-90 rpm, I could use light resistance….no wonder this felt hard. I was using pretty good resistance. HA! I will know for next time!!
Thursday – Run
- Run Workout – Warm up….Main Set: 6×3-4 min RPE 7 w/ 2-3 min walking between sets, then cool down
- Actual – I am really starting to enjoy these types of workouts. I could only hold the hard part of the run for 3 minutes. Next time I will shoot for 4 minutes. By the times you can tell when I was running up a slight hill. Which I am really happy with because a month ago I could not hold this pace. 9:18, 8:41, 9:35, 10:06, 8:53, 10:28
Friday – Bike 1:30 casual pace in zones 1-2, enjoy the fall weather
- Actual – This workout did not happen. I ended up painting the front porch and mowing yards. After all that was finished it was too late to ride and I was too tired. I did an easy spin bike ride at the YMCA Saturday, just for an hour.
Saturday – Run 10 miles, Heather’s Kona Core Workout
- Run Workout – After the warm up 1.5 miles, Main Set: Intervals repeat each set twice, 0.5 mile @ 9:43, recover 0.25 miles, 0.5 mile @9:32, recover 0.25 miles, 0.5 mile @ 9:21, recover 0.25 miles, 0.5 mile @ 9:10, recover 0.25 miles, 0.5 mile @ 8:55, recover 0.25 miles, cool down 1 mile
- Actual – This was the run from hell. My stomach had been bothering me all day, so I decided to wait until later in the day to run. The weather here was freezing, 30 degrees with 20 mph wind all day. When I finally got out to run I tried to hold a steady pace for my 0.5 mile fast runs but I had to walk the 0.25 recovery because my stomach was still giving me issues. However, I got the entire 10 miles in!!! 10:00, 10:26, 10:36, 10:03, 10:41, 9:56, 10:29, 10:06, 10:09, 9:56
Sunday – Swim 2,000 yards
- Actual – I actually did this on Saturday because it was so rainy in Chattanooga. I felt good the entire time. I actually zoned out and ended up swimming 2300 yards.
All in all I had a good week. I really wish I could have gotten out to ride Friday because the weather was perfect!!! I’m looking forward to a rest day next week because I am completely exhausted.